Scheduled Training - AXIS in a Production Environment
This 2-day classroom session introduces AXIS users to best practices of the recommended AXIS implementation. You may, however, customize the training content by selecting topics of your immediate interest and importance. Please contact GGY to arrange onsite or online training sessions for your IT staff.
The following topics will be covered in this session:
- AXIS Overview
Supported Software Platforms
- A brief overview that outlines AXIS’ underlying technology, AXIS application properties and software environment pre-requisites.
AXIS EnterpriseLink - Development, Testing and Production Environment
- Covers Windows versions and supported databases, special considerations when dealing with the AXIS environment (Access control, hyper-threading, anti-virus applications), a logical diagram of AXIS. Finally, a more in-depth discussion of the AXIS software stack.
- Covers the overall AXIS EnterpriseLink Server environment, including network diagrams, more detailed hardware recommendations, data partitions, end-user work flow, project work areas, AXIS version control and change management version control.
AXIS Software License Keys
- Links to general recommendations, AXIS EnterpriseLink and GridLink hardware recommendations. This covers our recommended number of cores per server, memory provisioning, and network access.
Communication with External Systems
- Overview of the AXIS user-based software license key system. Covers activation process, user types, license administration.
- Formats for importing and exporting data between systems, limitations of each format. Calling external applications from within AXIS EnterpriseLink, and linking to remote database tables.
Audit and Data Protection Tools
- Using Datalink to import seriatim extracts, creating batches, macros and scripts (both formula-based and EnterpriseLink jobs).
Disaster Recovery Planning
- Covers object protection in datasets, dataset version control and change tracking, backups, custom permissions and work area access, tracking run information and logs. Also covers GridLink access control using "shadow accounts".
- Covers questions to answer when planning a disaster recovery site.
AXIS Distributed Processing Overview
- Covers error reporting from AXIS EnterpriseLink to the user and from the user to GGY AXIS. Also reviews monitoring and review tools within EnterpriseLink.
AXIS GridLink Deployment
- Discusses distributed processing in AXIS, both with standard distributed processing and GridLink. Demonstrations of standard distributed processing and GridLink distributed processing.
AXIS GridLink Demo
- Review of GridLink deployment considerations and GridLink installation.
Scalability and Performance Considerations
- Demonstration of GridLink Farm management, configuration, submitting jobs, monitoring jobs, and using job queues.
AXIS System Support Areas
- Discussion of system environment, using standard AXIS features to improve performance and using GridLink to improve performance.
AXIS & GGY Cloud
- Covers operating requirements, configuration and maintenance considerations, troubleshooting techniques and software deployment considerations. It also covers key contacts for system support issues, and outlines our process for handing system support requests.
Use of Third-party Cloud Providers and Capacity On-Demand
- Covers GGY cloud service offerings, including GridLink Cloud, Disaster recovery and secure storage solutions.
- Public cloud comparisons and considerations. Covers Amazon EC2, MSFT Azure and IBM SoftLayer.
Scheduled Dates | Course