The technical analyst is responsible for the day to day operations of both the GGY internal network infrastructure and the GGY Cloud hosted environment. This includes being a primary point of contact for user issues, day to day administration of the network (monitoring, user management, configuration, installations, patches, etc.). This role reports to the Director of Information Technology as part of the Information Technology Team.
- Interact with internal and external clients on technical design, support and configuration issues in the GGY Cloud and in on- premise deployments.
- Install and administer GGY Cloud environments for clients.
- Monitor network infrastructure and respond to or escalate issues as required.
- Test software updates and security fixes in a lab environment before deploying them in production.
- Maintain user documentation as well as logs of administrative activity.
- Report to the Director of Information Technology on security or other issues that arise during the performance of the individual's duties.
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate computer science degree or equivalent from a recognized post-secondary institution
- At least 3 years of applicable work experience
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft operating systems administration
- In-depth Knowledge of Windows network topologies and security architecture
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Server (administration is a must, developer skills an asset)
- Experience in troubleshooting common problems (antivirus, network connections, disk errors, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment
- Must be driven, self-motivated and passionate to learn new technologies
- Excellent judgement and customer interaction skills
The following skills and experience will be considered an asset:
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies and products (Hyper-V, VMWare, Citrix, etc.).
- Knowledge of current desktop and server hardware components and their performance characteristics.
- Hands-on knowledge of PowerShell, VBA or similar scripting languages
- Good knowledge of database systems
Please submit your resume in confidence to Technical Resumes.
We look forward to hearing from you!