The system programmer is responsible for designing and implementing new features that require significant knowledge of database design and programming, object oriented design, programming complex data conversions, assisting actuarial programmers with writing fast and reliable database related code, profiling and developing code to improve database performance.
- Initially, learn as much as possible about AXIS database architecture and structure, insurance products and various aspects of insurance operations and various supporting applications
- Write efficient, bug-free code in compliance with GGY programming standards
- Write concise documentation in help text, KB articles and comment in code
- Present new ideas to improve database design and performance
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Excellent understanding of algorithm designs
- Strong hands on knowledge of C++ and C# programming (Visual Studio .NET, MFC)
- Solid knowledge of database technologies (database design principles, SQL, DAO, ADO, ODBC, OLE DB)
- Familiar with SQL Server and programming for it
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and N-tier application
- Knowledge of VB .NET
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging
- 1-2 years of experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, team environment
- Requires minimal supervision
- Excellent research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent English communication skills
Please submit your resume and university transcripts in confidence to Technical Resumes.
We look forward to hearing from you!