The Project Coordinator works closely with the Project Manager, monitoring job progression and resourcing, and identifying and assisting in resolving potential issues. The project coordinator prepares status reports for clients, and communicates client requests to development teams. This role also promotes project management standards and best practices throughout the company.
- Support the Project Manager in monitoring and tracking overall work progress of team members.
- Assist with maintaining the development job list, monitoring job progression and resourcing.
- Provide timely feedback on any issues with the project schedules or resources.
- Collaborate with team leads and team members to assign tasks and schedule/strategize resource allocation.
- Provide meeting administration, including preparing meeting agendas, and taking and distributing notes.
- Prepare client status reports and participate on client calls to provide updates and next steps.
- Liaise between developers and clients with respect to expected delivery dates.
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Create and maintain an organized documentation library so that all team members and/or stakeholders can access the documentation easily.
- Undertake project tasks and provide administrative support, as needed.
- Ensure internal business processes are being followed.
- Suggest improvements to management tools, software, and processes.
Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent organization skills to prioritize competing demands, multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively within all levels of an organization and with clients.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong judgement skills and the ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio.
- Experience with project management tools would be an asset.
- Proactive, self-starter who is willing to challenge established tools and processes.
- Commitment to achieving customer success.
- Once familiar with the role and its responsibilities, ability to anticipate the Project Manager's requirements in order to support the project team's success.
- Proven work experience as a Program Coordinator or similar role in a software/technology company.
- Experience in actuarial fields, life insurance, and/or financial services an asset.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field.
Please submit your resume and university transcripts in confidence to Bryna Smith.
We look forward to hearing from you!